[styledcontainer type=”content-block” overlay=”0″ different_values=”0″]
[html format=”full_html” different_values=”0″]
WHAT: Notifiable vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs) in the US Virgin Islands (USVI). In addition to these conditions, any outbreaks, exotic diseases, and unusual group expressions of disease must be reported. All diseases shall be reported by name, age, sex, race/ethnicity, DOB, address, telephone number, disease, date of onset, method of diagnosis, and name, address, and telephone number of physician.
WHEN: The Notification of Infectious Disease Form (EPI-1) in addition to the current year’s list of notifiable diseases indicate when to report each condition. Cases or suspected cases of illness considered to be public health emergencies, outbreaks, exotic diseases, and unusual group expressions of disease must be reported to the US Virgin Islands Department of Health (VIDOH) immediately. Other diseases for which there must be a quick public health response must be reported within one working day. All other conditions must be reported within four working days.
HOW: Paper reporting forms can be downloaded as indicated below. As a last resort or in case of emergency, reports can be made by telephone to the Territorial Epidemiologist office at (340) 718-1311 Ext. 3841 or cellphone at (340) 626-1654 as indicated in the EPI-1 form instructions.
Disease Reporting in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Disease reporting of notifiable diseases to the Department of Health is required by law in the USVI.
- Unusual diseases or outbreaks of any kind should be reported immediately.
- Disease reporting is mediated by following instructions in the EPI-1 form. EPI-1 can be downloaded from the VIDOH website(link is external).
- VPDs span all three tiers of disease severity classification: Category A (report immediately), Category B (report within 48 hours), and Category C (report within 96 hours).
US Virgin Islands Notifiable Diseases Resources
- Notification of Infectious Disease Form (EPI-1)(link is external)
- Dengue, Chikungunya, Zika, and Febrille Illness Reporting Form (EPI-2)
- U.S. Virgin Islands Notifiable Conditions List, 2020 *To print select “Fit” to print letter-size or, in properties, select legal paper*
Vaccine Preventable Diseases Investigation Forms and Specimen Collection Guidelines
[button type=”default” color_type=”0″ color=”btn-info” new_tab=”1″ different_values=”0″ text=”Download Vaccine Preventable Diseases Specimen Guidance” link=”http://bit.ly/epivi-vpd-lab” style_margin_bottom=”10″]
[button type=”default” color_type=”0″ color=”btn-info” new_tab=”1″ different_values=”0″ text=”Download Vaccine Preventable Diseases Surveillance Forms” link=”http://bit.ly/epivi-vpd” style_margin_bottom=”10″]