St. Croix, US Virgin Islands — The Department of Health began distributing $250 gift cards as a part of Governor Albert Bryan, Jr.’s incentive program created in an effort to encourage the community to get vaccinated, complete their vaccine series and reach community immunity. Gift cards valued at $250 are being distributed to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- If they received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine series or Janssen between August 9, 2021 and September 30, 2021
- If they received their second dose of a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna) between August 9, 2021 and September 30, 2021
Those who do not meet these criteria are not eligible to receive a gift card and should not visit any of the Department’s distribution sites requesting a gift card.
Examples of persons who meet the criteria to receive a $250 gift card:
- Rihanna got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on July 22, 2021 and her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine on August 12, 2021.
- Steve got his first dose of the Janssen vaccine on September 15, 2021.
Examples of persons who do NOT meet the criteria to receive a $250 gift card:
- Nikita got one dose of the Janssen vaccine on March 15, 2021.
- Jennifer got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on July 16, 2021 and her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine on August 6, 2021.
- José got his first dose of the Moderna vaccine on September 4, 2021 and is not due for his second until October 2021.
Distribution is from Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on St. Croix and St. Thomas, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on St. John. These sites will issue gift cards through November 30, 2021.
Only those who are eligible or the parent of a minor can pick up their gift card. Minors age 12 to 17 are not permitted to pick up their card without their parent. However, parents or guardians are permitted to pick up their child’s gift card in the child’s absence, but must present a valid picture ID and the child’s valid picture ID and birth certificate.
Anyone unable to pick up their card by the deadline, will have an opportunity to retrieve their card through September 30, 2022 by alternative means which will be announced at a later date.
Locations for pick-up are:
- St. Croix Community Vaccination Center at the old Nissan Building in La Grande Princesse
- St. Thomas Community Vaccination Center in Community Health at the Schneider Regional Medical Center
- Morris de Castro Clinic on St. John
A vaccination card, digital vaccination record, and a valid picture ID are required. To ensure a smooth process it is advised that individuals have their identification and vaccination cards or identification and digital vaccination record in-hand before walking into any of the distribution sites.
The paper insert that comes with the gift card includes instructions and the card’s PIN number. All recipients must read the insert carefully. The gift card cannot be used without the PIN number and a new PIN number cannot be issued by the bank.
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccines, please visit covid19usvi.com