FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VIRGIN ISLANDS DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Contact: Nykole Tyson Mobile#: 340-626-6290
DOH Continues Limited Services on St. Croix (10am-2pm)
All Staff Meeting (3pm-4pm)
(October 13, 2017, U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI)) Today, Friday, October 13th, the Department of Health (DOH) on St. Croix will continue providing limited, walk-in, clinical services, from 10am-2pm, at the Charles Harwood Complex via the mobile medical van.
Services to be provided include:
- The Maternal & Child Health program will be seeing prenatal patients and distributing infant and toddler kits from 10:00am-2:00pm.
- Community Health will be providing clinical services for walk-ins and prescription refills.
- Family Planning clinic will be distributing supplies and providing clinical exams.
- All WIC clients can redeem their September and October checks at their respective clinics (Christiansted/Frederiksted). September checks have been extended and are valid until October 31st.
- Clients of the VI Partners for Healthy Communities will also provide services for their clients beginning tomorrow, Thursday, October 12th.
Today ALL services will end promptly at 2pm. All clients/those interested in infant and toddler kits are asked to come early so they can be assisted. Services and distribution will resume next week; an updated schedule will be provided.
From 3pm-4pm the DOH staff on St. Croix will be attending a Mandatory ALL Staff Meeting in the conference room of the Cardiac Center.