US Virgin Islands 04/21/2022 – The VI Department of Health, Division of Environmental Health, reminds all vendors of their requirements to participate in the 2022 St. Thomas Carnival Events.
All food and beverage vendors must be registered with the Department of Tourism. VI DOH Health Inspectors will distribute VI DOH Special Event Health Permits to registered vendors on the first day of their participation after passing the on-site inspection.
Any vendors not permitted by the Department of Tourism and the VI Department of Health will be removed by an enforcement team consisting of VIPD COVID-19 Task Force members and VIDOH Environmental Health Inspection Officers.
Valid Health Cards are required for food handlers. All persons working at the event – whether handling and serving food, beverages, or food service items must have a valid Health Card. The health cards must be present and available for health inspectors to view.
How to Get a Health Card
- Go to any medical lab and tell them you need to test for a health card. The lab will instruct you on how to provide a stool sample to test for parasites. The lab’s fees vary and are separate from the VI DOH fee.
- After you receive your stool sample results, gather the following items:
- The results of the stool sample
- Your photo identification card (i.e., Driver’s License, Passport, or Green Card)
- Your social security card
- A valid form of payment (Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, AmEx)
Food Handlers $30
Replacement of Lost or Damaged Health Card $10
- Bring these items to The VI DOH Division of Environmental Health’s Office at the Knud Hansen Complex, 1303 Hospital Ground, Suite 10, from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am-1 pm & 2 pm-3 pm. Their phone number is 340-774-9000 x 4642.
The Department also asks residents to protect themselves and their loved ones throughout the Carnival festivities by following the recommended guidelines on hand-washing and social distancing, especially with persons they do not reside and encourages all residents to wear masks, especially when in large crowds.