US Virgin Islands —The VI Department of Health (VIDOH) is revising its Isolation and Quarantine guidelines to align with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The new policies are:
Isolation: If you have a Positive COVID-19 test
- Isolate immediately when you suspect you are infected. Get a test and isolate for 5 days as soon as you receive a positive COVID-19 test regardless of vaccination status. Wear a well-fitted mask at home and do not travel.
- End Isolation after 5 days when fever-free for 24 hours with no fever reducing medication is taken and symptoms are improving. If you were very sick or have a weak immune system, stay in isolation for 10 days and consult a doctor before coming out of isolation.
- After Isolation watch for symptoms for 10 days and wear a well-fitted mask at home and in public. Avoid places where you can’t wear a mask. Do not travel for 10 days after symptoms or positive test date. Avoid high-risk persons who are likely to get very sick from COVID-19.
Quarantine: If you have been exposed to a positive COVID-19 Case
For people NOT UP-TO-DATE on COVID-19 vaccines
- Quarantine for 5 days and get tested if you and have had a close contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive. Wear a well-fitted mask at home and watch for symptoms for 10 days. If symptoms develop isolate, get tested and wear a well-fitted mask.
- After quarantine take precautions for 10 days, wear a well-fitted mask, don’t go places you can’t wear a mask, take precautions traveling and avoid high-risk persons likely to get very sick with COVID-19.
For people UP-TO-DATE on COVID-19 vaccines
- NO Quarantine is necessary for persons up-to-date (first and second vaccines plus first and second boosters).
- NO Quarantine is necessary for persons who were exposed and had a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 90 days (on a viral test) without symptoms. Get tested on day 5. Watch for symptoms until day 10.
- Isolate If symptoms develop, get tested and wait for results. Wear a well-fitting mask and continue to take precautions until day 10. Take precautions traveling, wear a well-fitted mask for 10 days and avoid high-risk individuals who may get very sick.