What is a Health Card?
A Health Card is proof that you do not carry any parasitic diseases, based on stool sample test results from a certified lab.
A Health Card legally permits you to work in the following industries: food service, childcare, chiropractors and massage, body art and tattoo parlors, cosmetology (hair, nails, makeup).
- Health Cards are valid for one calendar year.
- Health Cards must be available for DEH Inspectors to view.
How to Get A Health Card:
- Go to any medical lab and tell them you need to test for a health card. The lab will instruct you on how to provide a stool sample to test for parasites. Their fees vary.
- After you receive your stool sample results, please bring the following items to one of our locations
- The results of the stool sample
- Your photo identification card (i.e., Driver’s License, Passport, or Green Card)
- A valid form of payment (Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, AmEx)
||St. Thomas/St. John
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM -12:00 PM & 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Charles Harwood Complex, Unit 3
1500 Est. Richmond
Christiansted, VI 00820
340-718-1311 x 3709
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
8:00 AM -1:00 PM & 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Knud Hansen Complex, Suite 10
1303 Hospital Ground
St. Thomas, VI 00802
340-774-9000 x 4642
|Food Handlers Plus One Other Classification
|Day Care & School Operators, Employees, Volunteers, and Interns
|Massage Therapists, Beauticians, Barbers, Nail Technicians
|Replacement of Lost or Damaged Health Card